Hi all,

So, we got some good review and feedback on this from Tony Finch, anyone else?

We feel that we received  sufficient discussion on the two inputs to this draft
( draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112, draft-jabley-dnsop-as112-dname-01 )
that we are requesting WGLC.

On Nov 6, 2013, at 9:46 PM, Joe Abley <jab...@hopcount.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The authors would very much appreciate people here casting their eye over
> this text, and providing feedback on (a) clarity of the text and (b)
> technical viability of the approach.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Joe
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: internet-dra...@ietf.org
>> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-dname-00.txt
>> Date: 6 November 2013 at 10:58:36 PST
>> To: Joe Abley <jab...@dyn.com>, George G. Michaelson <g...@apnic.net>,
>> George Michaelson <g...@apnic.net>, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net>, Brian
>> Dickson <bdick...@verisign.com>
>>

>> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-dname-00.txt
>> has been successfully submitted by Joe Abley and posted to the
>> IETF repository.
>>
>> Filename:     draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-dname
>> Revision:     00
>> Title:                AS112 Redirection using DNAME
>> Creation date:        2013-11-05
>> Group:                dnsop
>> Number of pages: 23
>> Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-dname-00
>>

>> Abstract:
>>  Many sites connected to the Internet make use of IPv4 addresses that
>>  are not globally unique.  Examples are the addresses designated in
>>  RFC 1918 for private use within individual sites.
>>
>>  Devices in such environments may occasionally originate Domain Name
>>  System (DNS) queries (so-called "reverse lookups") corresponding to
>>  those private-use addresses.  Since the addresses concerned have only
>>  local significance, it is good practice for site administrators to
>>  ensure that such queries are answered locally.  However, it is not
>>  uncommon for such queries to follow the normal delegation path in the
>>  public DNS instead of being answered within the site.
>>
>>  It is not possible for public DNS servers to give useful answers to
>>  such queries.  In addition, due to the wide deployment of private-use
>>  addresses and the continuing growth of the Internet, the volume of
>>  such queries is large and growing.  The AS112 project aims to provide
>>  a distributed sink for such queries in order to reduce the load on
>>  the IN-ADDR.ARPA authoritative servers.  The AS112 project is named
>>  after the Autonomous System Number (ASN) that was assigned to it.
>>
>>  The AS112 project does not accommodate the addition and removal of
>>  DNS zones elegantly.  Since additional zones of definitively local
>>  significance are known to exist, this presents a problem.  This
>>  document describes modifications to the deployment and use of AS112
>>  infrastructure that will allow zones to be added and dropped much
>>  more easily.
>>

>> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
>>
>> The IETF Secretariat

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem just with potatoes.
--Douglas Adams