>So, we got some good review and feedback on this from Tony Finch, anyone else?

I read the draft, and as a spec it looks fine to me.  Once there are a
few empty.as112.arpa servers, you can send any branch of the DNS to
oblivion by pointing a DNAME at them.  I have 2 1/2 questions:

* Anyone can point a DNAME to empty.as112.arpa, not just subtrees of
rDNS.  Is that a security issue?

* I don't know what fraction of the Internet's DNS caches understand
DNAME and will synthezize responses from a cached DNAME.  The ones
that don't will presumably continue to hammer on the server(s) with
the DNAMEs.  Is that a performance or security issue?

* (the half question) Since DNAME only redirects names below the DNAME
and not the name itself, something a lot of people don't seem to
understand very well,* should the document offer any advice about what
else you might want to put at the name with the DNAME?

R's,
John

* - see the .CAT TLD for an example