On Aug 6, 2014, at 5:10 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patr...@ianai.net> wrote:
>> c) Any example in which the DNS servers utilizing a single shared
>>  IP address (anycast address) are run by different operators ?
>
> How about the root servers?

Err, no.

Each of the IP addresses of the DNS servers serving the root have a single
operator (not different operators).

Well, OK, there have been cases where more than one operator was announcing the
same root server address (e.g.,
http://blog.icann.org/2008/05/ghosts-of-root-servers-past/,
http://www.renesys.com/2010/06/two-strikes-i-root/), but those cases are
considered abominations.

There have been multiple proposals to do the multiple operator on a single
anycast IP address approach, but my impression has been that concerns about
debugging those implementations have discouraged their use.

Regards,
-drc