Toerless Eckert wrote:

> c) Any example in which the DNS servers utilizing a single shared
>     IP address (anycast address) are run by different operators ? Any
>     documents describing this ?

   draft-ietf-dnsop-ohta-shared-root-server-00.txt

   This memo proposes a mechanism of policy based selection of a root
   server sharing an IP address (anycast IP address) with other root
   servers and discusses operational issues related to it.

   Because the selection is policy based, domain administrators  have
   some control over the selection of the best root server among root
   servers sharing an IP address.

   Note that operations similar to that described in this memo are
   possible today locally without global coordination by any operator
   who may be irritated by the lack of his control on (sufficiently
   many) root servers, which may be a source of some operational
   problems. This memo is an attempt to document the way to solve the
   problem in a least harmful manner.

> (RFC3258 seems to focus on single operator
>     anycast group of DNS servers.

Hardie insisted on his original proposal, even though I
gave a proof that it is not necessary.

                                        Masataka Ohta