In your previous mail you wrote:

>  I believe 5966bis already addresses your first point quite clearly.
>(note: first point is to make TCP support mandatory)
>
>  For example, it says:
>
>     This document therefore updates the core DNS protocol specifications
>     such that support for TCP is henceforth a REQUIRED part of a full DNS
>     protocol implementation.

=> but has this statement got a consensus? If it is the case
of course there is no reason to write twice the same thing.

>  Regarding your second point, Paul already pointed you to
>  draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-tcp-keepalive, which I quite liked myself, but I
>  think others felt it was unnecessarily complex.  Here's what 5966bis says:
>
>     DNS currently has no connection signaling mechanism.  Clients and
>     servers may close a connection at any time.  Clients MUST be prepared
>     to retry failed queries on broken connections.

=> unfortunately this is a change in the protocol the document is
not supposed to do here even it both makes sense and follows the real
world situation.

>  I agree with Paul Hoffman that connection signaling should be done
>  in a separate document.

=> we have one (in fact the problem is we have two).

Thanks

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr

PS: I note your opinion is to improve 5966bis.