Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> writes:
>> You might be able to work around the problem by adding a
>> match-recursion-only option to the recursive view, and adding a
>> non-recursive view that has allow-query-cache, and use attach-cache
>> so all views share the same cache. I have not tried this :-)
>
> And the main objection I hear wrt RFC7706 is that it complicates the
> config :)

if you want to run yeti-style, there are some perl scripts that will
fetch and verify the root zone, edit the apex NS and DNSKEY RRsets,
re-sign with your local key, and give you a zone you can run on several
servers inside your internal network, such that you can point your
"hints" and your dnssec anchor at servers you control, for all your
internal-network recursives, the code is here:

https://github.com/BII-Lab/Yeti-Project/tree/master/script/TISF

note, my internal-network is the virtualbox shared network on my own
laptop, so while this is a complex approach, it's fewer moving parts for
me than RFC 7706 would have been.

--
P Vixie