bert hubert <bert.hub...@powerdns.com> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 10:20:00AM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> Just to avoid any confusion: Although I demonstrated the issue by
>> running BIND on my laptop only, the real usage scenario is resolver
>> service for a few million distinct administrative domains (aka
>> "customers").  Changing the trust anchor is not an option.

> to discuss BIND configurations and issues.

Definitely.  Or even bind-workers when it comes to questions about the
reason for making static-stub zones recursive only.

The reason I ask here first, is because RFC 7706 includes a BIND
specific configuration example (as well as examples for other recursive
server software).  So before considering changing config or code, I
wanted to know the background of that example. Was there a real reason
for the obscure(?)  "static-stub" zone type, or was that just an
arbitrary choice?

My apologies if this is considered OT here. I will shut up now.

Bjørn