On 21/12/2017 15:36, Robert Story wrote:
> I reread the draft today, and noticed that two things aren't specified.
> The first is the contents of the A/AAAA RRSET returned, and the second
> is the TTL for the records.
>
> Maybe the A/AAAA record values could be used to return additional
> details? For example, whether or not the key is part of static
> configuration, or learned via 5011.

I had also wondered about this.

A browser-based system for triggering these queries can't do so without
also then attempting a download of some resource via whatever IP address
is returned.

(in other words, you can't make a browser "just" do a DNS lookup, the
DNS lookup is a side effect of attempting to access a URL)

Ray