On 15 Jan 2018, at 07:22, KenM <chinese.apri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think its a bit  sad that for the DNS to work, one now needs to run http[s]
> and JS.   So much for stand alone protocols. Now if you could show how this
> works without JS or HTTP, then we might be getting somewhere.

We could write the client test code in java or a tangle of perl libraries, or
load custom software onto tiny, USB-powered computers and hand them out to
literally tens of people that we meet in niche technical meetings around the
world. Or use the preferred devops approach of wget | sh as root, although I'm
not sure we should insist on that level of security.

Joe