Martin Thomson writes:
> If I understand your response (not sure that I do), that seems pretty
> academic and not at all persuasive.  For instance, if a client cared
> about testing TCP capabilities, it can always do its own resolution.

That testing TCP capabilities part is a distraction from the core
motivation.  The request makes sense from a dumb transparent proxy
point of view, where there's a regular DNS resolver on the one end who
just wants to be able to get DNS messages through an HTTPS tunnel.
Media type isn't the right way to achieve that, but the key idea is sound.