Paul Vixie <p...@redbarn.org> wrote:
> Ted Lemon wrote:
> >
> > For your laptop use case, why wouldn't you just have the thing running
> > on the laptop do truncation if the answer is too long?
>
> that would be low fidelity.

I'm interested to know what breaks with something like dnscrypt-proxy or
stubby that works with your proxy.

>From a quick look, I think your proxy doesn't handle AXFR and (more
generally) doesn't map client TCP connections onto server TCP connections,
so it doesn't allow a client to distinguish between servers that have
serial vs concurrent DNS-over-TCP request handling in a way that a truly
high-fidelity tunnel would.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Cromarty, Forth: North 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 in Forth, becoming variable