On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 6:26 AM, Mukund Sivaraman <m...@mukund.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 03:20:02AM -0700, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:
> >
> > A new version of I-D, draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01.txt
> > has been successfully submitted by Mukund Sivaraman and posted to the
> > IETF repository.
> >
> > Name:         draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash
> > Revision:     01
> > Title:                DNS squash
> > Document date:        2018-04-01
> > Group:                Individual Submission
> > Pages:                6
> squash/
> > Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/
> draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01
> > Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/
> doc/html/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash
> > Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-muks-dnsop-dns-
> squash-01
> >
> > Abstract:
> >    This document attempts to specify current DNS protocol in squashed
> >    form in a single document.
>
> You can compare what's in section 3 (Data structure) to what's in RFC
> 1034 section 3.1. (Name space specifications and terminology).
>
> I'll post revisions weekly. Reviews and participation (preferrably first
> in the form of discussion to prepare a list of things to do) are
> welcome.
>
> https://github.com/muks/dnssquash/
>
>                 Mukund

3. Data Structure

   A DNS name is printed as a concatenation left to right of the
   individual labels on the path from the node to the root, each label
   trailing with an ASCII period '.' character.  Thus a complete printed
   DNS name ends with a period character.

Not exactly.  There is no period after the zero-length root zone.
The last period is actually between the tld and the root zone.
So 'there is a period between each zone' not 'after each zone'
even though it looks like a trailing dot.

--
Bob Harold