SIG(0) is much superior for machines updating their own data  to TSIG as you
don’t need a secondary storage for the TSIG key.   You can replace a master
server without having to worry about transferring TSIG secrets off a dead
machine. You just copy the zone from a slave and go.

There are other scenarios where it is also superior like automaton delegating
In the reverse tree.

No I don’t think it should go.

It should be widely implemented so it can be used. There is a lot of self
fulfilling prophecy in the DNS of people will never is this so we won’t
implement it.

--
Mark Andrews