On Jun 20, 2018, at 21:05, Shumon Huque <shu...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:30 PM Joe Abley <jab...@hopcount.ca> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 19:07, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:
>
> ​... what I'd alway wanted[0] was to be able to setup my own recursive
> name server somewhere on the Internet, and then only allow myself (and a
> few of my closest friends) to be able to query it.
>
> For this particular use-case, why is SIG(0) better than TSIG?

Either might be fine in these small user scenarios.

Yes, I know, hence the question. Warren usually has his reasons :-)

The follow-on question was why he needs this functionality in the stub
resolver rather than running a local copy of BIND9 (bound to localhost,
configured appropriately) and pointing his stub resolver at that.

Joe