> > As far as I know, there is no issue with whois and the GDRP when it comes
> > to voluntarily publishing information in whois.
>
> Nope. Its OK for you to publish your Personal Data. For anything
> else, you need to get informed consent first. And be able to prove
> that. And give the Data Subjects the ability to modify those data
> or get them deleted.

When you register a domain, your registrar already has to have your informed
consent to process any PII you supply. And as far as I know,
registrars routinely ask for your name and credit card.

So all GDRP-related processes are already in place.

Looking at it from a technical point of view, whois has a referal mechanism.
So if GDRP compliance would be a big issue, then allowing the handful of
people who wish to publish anything in whois to run their own whois server
would also solve the issue.