If you split presentation format records into one record per SvcParam, that
necessitates either changing the wire format to match or structuring the
presentation and wire formats fundamentally differently with a translation
to merge those records into a single record for the wire format.  What the
records are and the relations between them is a fundamental part of the
wire format.