On Thu, May 20, 2021, at 11:08, Paul Wouters wrote:
> This discussion should be around reasonable and secure wire and
> presentation formats, not about "but we already deployed this".
> It should surely be taken into account if changing at this point
> gives enough benefits, but the idea of changing should not be
> dismissed out of hand.

Fair point.  I would request that if changes are made, then a new codepoint is
used.  I think that is a reasonable request.  If that means that this codepoint
is now burned and unusable; and that is a problem due to a scarce supply, then
maybe more care is needed in future about early allocations (I agree that this
one was premature).