It appears that Ben Schwartz  <bem...@google.com> said:
>I think the "Privacy Considerations" section should probably mention QNAME
>minimization, which ought to help a little.

I'd also like it to say more clearly up front that .ALT is for names that are
totally outside the DNS protocols, not for names handled locally using DNS
protocols.
It's for things like .onion, not like .local.

>I would also be interested in seeing some guidance about interaction
>between the relative form (.alt) and good old-fashioned search domains.  It
>seems to me that the interaction there is poor... perhaps bad enough to
>recommend using the absolute form only.

I thought we all agreed that search lists are bad when .CS was added to the
root.

R's,
John