On Aug 2, 2022, at 10:26, Independent Submissions Editor (Eliot Lear)
<rfc-...@rfc-editor.org> wrote:

> On 02.08.22 09:56, Joe Abley wrote:
>>
>> If the position of the ISE is to ignore the prior discussion and publish one
>> set of opinions regardless then perhaps it would be more straightforward
>> just to say so.
>
> Had I wanted to do so, I would not have approached dnsop in the first place.

Had you wanted to which? I'm confused.

By approaching dnsop in the first place with a box of freshly lit matches you
seem precisely to be ignoring the prior discussion.

If you don't intend to publish the drafts on your table then I don't understand
what you're saying in the context of the hat you're wearing.

Perhaps more fundamentally the idea of the ISE promoting work to be done in a
working group apparently without the involvement of the chairs itself seems
confusing. You know more about the job than I do, but in the past when I have
published documents through the independent stream, the ISE's consultation was
limited to an IESG conflict review.

Joe