Hiya,

On 16/08/2022 00:22, Paul Wouters wrote:
it’s a whole new gold rush.
I don't get that. The thought experiment(*) is a putative
.alt setup with FCFS registration for 2LD equivalents and
where recursives and all DNS servers are expected to barf
on queries for such names one way or another. I don't see
what'd attract many people to register names there myself
but maybe I'm naive. What'd be the attraction?

Ta,
S.

(*) To be clear, I'd have no objection to somewhat more
onerous registration rules, like RFC required or whatever
so the above is just trying to understand what makes you
think there'd be enough registrations to be a problem in
that particular setup.