I pose human factor and UX questions:

Do you think people expect to have to do things at url Point and Click time
to select which namespace is resolved?

If I specified my.domain.gns.alt do I expect the entity behind my.domain to
be the same in gns and in dns?

If I am writing gns resolution code do I remove gns.alt before resolving?

Steven's  "what is in SubjectAlternateName and SNI" is a good one too.

I keep harping on about the omnibar. Start at the omnibar and a URL and
tell me what happens!