Hi,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 10:04:38AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> I think the issue is that NAT64 is being used to reach internal IPv4 addresses
> (e.g. RFC 1918) so the traffic needs to go through a NAT64 that can reach
> those
> addresses.

If you do that (which is a nice way to leverage IPv6 to work around
duplicate use of private network segments, by having a NAT64 gateway
for each), then you really do not want to use "arbitrary DNS64" resolvers,
but maybe have the NAT64 address right in the internal DNS, for
v6-enabled clients...

But yes, just setting up random NAT64 and DNS64 boxes and hoping for
magic to do the right thing might not work out very well.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279