I gave this a once-over.

1.  Introduction
> Generally only one temporary DNS record is sufficient for
> proving domain ownership, although sometimes the DNS record must be
> kept in the zone to prove continued ownership of the domain.

I understand what it's trying to say, but I think "a" instead of "one"
would be better. "One" sounds like there will ever be exactly one
temporary DNS record in the zone to prove ownership. Which is probably
not true if you need to prove ownership to multiple
services. Therefore:

old: Generally only one temporary DNS record is sufficient
new: Generally a temporary DNS record is sufficient

3.  Common Pitfalls
> If the size of the response is large enough that it does not fit into
> a single DNS UDP packet (UDP being the most common DNS transport
> today), this may result in fragmentation

That's not correct. If the response does not fit into a single DNS UDP
packet, it's not a valid response and can't be send.

New: If the size of the response is large enough that it does not fit
into a single IP packet this may result in fragmentation

> Other possible issues may occur.  If a TXT record (or any other
> record type) is designed to be place at the same domain name...

s/place/placed/

5.2.  TXT Record
> when the DNS administrator receives the information, especially to
> consumers who are not DNS experts.

s/to consumers/from consumers/

5.2.1.  Metadata For Expiry
> Providers MUST provide clear instructions

I don't think there would be an interoperability issue or the protocol
would fail when providers provide unclear instructions or no
instructions at all, so: s/MUST/SHOULD/

I'd like to see a definition / reference for the time format. xkcd
1179 is relevant...

--
In my defence, I have been left unsupervised.