Dear WG,

With the DNSOP interim meeting last June, we reworded the definition of "lame delegation". This new definition of "lame delegation" has been shared on the mailing list and included by the document authors in the latest revision of the rfc8499bis draft, https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft- ietf-dnsop-rfc8499bis-08.

This one-week Working Group Last Call is only about the definition of "lame delegation". As mentioned above, the wording is the result of the interim meeting, where it was identified that the original definition of "lame delegation" does not cover current operational issues and that more precise terms are preferred.

We believe the current wording reflects the views shared on the mailing list over the past two months, and we ask for confirmation. If there are strong objections to the current definition in revision -08, we return to the original rfc8499 definition. Regardless of the outcome, after this WGLC the document will be forwarded to the IESG for publication.

This WGLC will end on Monday, 24 July.

Best regards,

Benno
for the DNSOP co-chairs