I agree it would greatly help to include the more precise terms.

Note that Scott's current EPP draft is still using this term,
citing the definition in 1912.  Should the term be removed from
Scott's draft, or acknowledged that it is now historic?
If Scott replaces it with another more precise term,
can we get that term in this document so that
future uses can cite this document?

Alternatively, instead of deprecating, the last sentence of that
paragraph could be "Because...and now is not specific or clear as
to the intended meaning, sufficient context may be required to
remove undesired ambiguity."  ( similar to 'validating resolver'? )

thanks for impressive document,