Missing reference:
[1]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/vHltEr8mlxsy2nyscqcCF2ZGz8U/

On 9/14/23 09:53, Peter Thomassen wrote:
Hi Tim,

On 9/13/23 23:05, Tim Wicinski wrote:
We Chairs are back and catching up, and want to get things moving again.

This starts a Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8109bis
"Initializing a DNS Resolver with Priming Queries"

Current versions of the draft is available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8109bis/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8109bis/>
While others have commented that this draft is not ready for WGLC, Nils and I
would like to note that the Chairs Actions after IETF 117 [1] listed an order
for upcoming WGLC, with this draft listed second and
draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping listed first.

Unlike draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc8109bis which has been adopted only in June 2023,
draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping has been sitting there, with several
implementations and without any modifications (beyond minor editorial), for
over a year.

The authors have been interacting with the chairs a few times since the
beginning of the year, to see if anything needs to be done for the draft to
advance. In the process, we have been told (in May) that an announcement for
WGLC readiness would be sent to the WG list, and later that WGLC would be
started before IETF 118. Once IETF 118 was over, the draft was listed first in
the Chairs Actions. Now it's been postponed again.

We'd like to take the opportunity of this WGLC thread to express our confusion
about the situation. We would be grateful if the chairs could clarify the
situation, and identify, on the list, any potential issues that might keep
draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping from advancing so that they can be
addressed properly (if any).

Thanks,
Nils and Peter

--
Like our community service? 💛
Please consider donating at

https://desec.io/

deSEC e.V.
Kyffhäuserstr. 5
10781 Berlin
Germany

Vorstandsvorsitz: Nils Wisiol
Registergericht: AG Berlin (Charlottenburg) VR 37525