On Sat, 11 Nov 2023, Paul Wouters wrote:
DNSBLs have been around a lot longer than QNAME minimization. They
work(ed) fine without minimization and I don't think it is reasonable
to expect every mail system in the world to change their configuration
to work around our performance bug.

It is totally reasonable for protocols and software and configurations to need adapting over time. Especially in light of privacy and security concerns.

That's why, now that we are aware that minimization causes this kind of problem, we should fix it. It's not like it's that hard to do. As I said a few messages back, blaming the victim is not a great plan.

Write a draft and we have something to discuss.

Well, sure. My flight was cancelled and I'm stuck in Frankfurt so I might as well do it this afternoon.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY