Paul,

Here is some specific proposed text to address the concern that I raised:

Whereas the priming response is not a referral, and whereas root server
addresses in the priming response are therefore not considered glue records,
RFC 9471 does not apply to the priming response.  Root servers are not required
to set the TC bit in a priming response if not all root server addresses fit
within message size constraints.  There are no requirements on the number of
root server addresses that a root server must include in a priming response.

DW