On Apr 30, 2024, at 18:42, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@icann.org> wrote:

> This cull-because-of-low usage thread incorrectly assumes that the DNS is
> flat instead of a hierarchy. The last I saw, there are 14 TLDs who use
> RSASHA1. Advancing this draft as-is means that all of the zones under those
> TLDs would be completely wiped out as well. Or maybe that's what the WG wants?

Not wiped out. Being made insecure (versus part of the world only treating them
insecure)

It’s worth contacting them for timelines of migration away from SHA1, as RFC
8624 is five years old and that already told them to start moving.

Is that something within the realm of ICANN? Perhaps the DNS Tech Day ? Or
perhaps a liaison statement from IETF to ICANN ?

Paul