From:                   "Kurt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "Steven Clift" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                RAIN today: More webcasters sign on to "Day of
Silence"
Date sent:              Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:35:50 -0500

Dear Steven,

The roster of broadcasters and Internet-only webcasters planning to
take part in
next Wednesday's Internet radio "Day of Silence" continues to grow.

On May 1, hundreds of Internet and broadcast radio stations and
channels will
join in the protest of CARP-determined webcast royalty rates that
would almost
certainly decimate the industry, and press coverage is starting to
develop
(Rolling Stone, Playboy, USA Today, etc.).

You can see the growing list of participants in today's issue of
"RAIN: Radio
And Internet Newsletter," at http://www.kurthanson.com.

Sincerely,
Kurt Hanson
Publisher
RAIN: Radio And Internet Newsletter

P.S. This is the ideal opportunity for BROADCASTERS who stream   and
MAJOR
WEBCASTERS to join forces with the independent Internet-only
webcasters in
SOLIDARITY against the crippling royalty rates that the CARP has
proposed! If
you'd like to add your station, pllease let me know by replying to
this e-mail
or e-mailing me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thanks!

My "insider" advice (I don't provide online advocacy advice as a
consultant):