Dear Sir/Madam,

I've been writing and editing reports, documents, articles and publications for
the last 25 years. I’m originally from Singapore but I’ve been living and
working in Europe and Asia for the last 20 years. I’ve just relocated with my
family to California and would like to do volunteer my time to gain experience
in technical writing and to learn more about the software industry. I have a
PhD in Applied Linguistics and a strong background in authoring and editing
complex documents. I’m confident that I’ll be able to hone my skills in
authoring, reviewing and editing draft documents for you. I’m familiar with the
AP and Chicago Writing Styles but I’ll be able to adopt your house style if you
have one. Though I have little knowledge of OpenOffice, I’m a keen and quick
learner.

Please get back to me if there is a opportunity for me to contribute.

Thank you.
Best wishes,

Annette