Javi wrote:
Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't see any real-world difference between
"emphasis" and italics, nor "strong emphasis" and bold. In
practice, they amount to the same thing, and pretending that
they're not doesn't really help anybody. But what might help a
Come on, Michael. How can you say this? italics and bold are two possible renderings for some internal meaning. In markup you should mark your intended meaning, and then later you will decide the better way to render this meaning.

For users used to M$ Word it is quite a transition. 'Leading' them gently from bold and underline and italic to semantic markup should be made as easy as possible, even if it upsets the hard line semantic folks.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT, XSL-FO and Docbook FAQ