Hello all,

I am trying to add an XSL stylesheet to the top of my XHTML output - like  so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"  standalone="no"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"  href="mathml.xsl"?>
_http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd_
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd) ">
(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>)
. . . .

I have looked through the archives and found the same issue expressed a few
years ago. The answer was to add a template to the customization layer that
inserted the line.

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:processing-instruction  name="xml-stylesheet">
<xsl:text>type="text/xsl"  href="mathml.xsl"</xsl:text>
</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:apply-imports/>
</xsl:template>

Looked simple enough, so I added it to my customization layer. However, it
ran as usual but the first two lines showed up on the console and the output
file did not include the XSL stylesheet line.

I usually use XSLTPROC which had the console output anomaly but I also ran
it with Saxon 6.5.5 which had similar problems (but did not  output the lines
to the console).

This is a bit puzzling. Did I do it incorrectly or is there another way to
do that?

Thanks

Dean Nelson
5 Travel Deals!