  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
  Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 11:10 AM
  Subject: [docbook-apps] XSL Stylesheet in XHTML

  Hello all,

  I am trying to add an XSL stylesheet to the top of my XHTML output - like so:

  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="mathml.xsl"?>
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
  . . . .

  I have looked through the archives and found the same issue expressed a few
years ago. The answer was to add a template to the customization layer that
inserted the line.

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">
     <xsl:text>type="text/xsl" href="mathml.xsl"</xsl:text>
    </xsl:processing-instruction>
    <xsl:apply-imports/>
  </xsl:template>

  Looked simple enough, so I added it to my customization layer. However, it
ran as usual but the first two lines showed up on the console and the output
file did not include the XSL stylesheet line.

  I usually use XSLTPROC which had the console output anomaly but I also ran it
with Saxon 6.5.5 which had similar problems (but did not output the lines to
the console).

  This is a bit puzzling. Did I do it incorrectly or is there another way to do
that?

  Thanks

  Dean Nelson

  Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!