[Moving to docbook-apps list, where publishing tools and problems are
discussed]

It sounds like you're having trouble with PDF output. Is that correct?

I'm surprised that your headings are not repeated after a page break. I
think that is the default behavior. Table breaking across pages is
described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/LongTables.html

Do you have table customizations that might be affecting the way this works?

Peter