DocBook standard in RelaxNG with Schematron does all I need
Ron

On 10/18/2016 03:27 PM, Tim Arnold wrote:
I don't use xsd either.
I use docbook.nvdl with the onvdl program.

thanks for asking!
--Tim

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.paw...@gmail.com
<mailto:dave.paw...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    + for rng only.
    I can honestly say I've never used xml schema for docbook (or anything
    else for that matter)
       I do validate many instances though, using Jing / oXygen
    regards

    On 18 October 2016 at 19:51, Bob Stayton <b...@sagehill.net
    <mailto:b...@sagehill.net>> wrote:
    > The DocBook Technical Committee is considering dropping the XML Schema
    > version of DocBook in a future version 6.  We would like to hear
    from any
    > members of the DocBook community who would be affected by this change.
    >
    > Let me be clear that this change is not on the horizon, but part
    of our long
    > term planning.  The DocBook TC takes great care in maintaining
    backwards
    > compatibility on point releases because we know how much the DocBook
    > community relies on stable sources.  When DocBook rolls to a new major
    > version number, we treat that as an opportunity to introduce
    changes that
    > are not backwards compatible.  The change from 4 to 5 was such.  If we
    > foresee such changes coming, we give the DocBook community very
    > notice to prepare for them.
    >
    > We will continue to maintain the DocBook standard in RelaxNG with
    Schematron

    <mailto:docbook-unsubscr...@lists.oasis-open.org>
    <mailto:docbook-h...@lists.oasis-open.org>

    --