On 07/20/2009 10:18 PM, Mimil Mimil wrote:
Hello,

I just have a little comment on 8.Publishing Subcommittee report ... Scott suggests everyone read it and provide comments.

With an external view (no knowledge of publishing) I wondered what is the real motivation to have 3 distinct elements (dialogue, drama, poetry) because they seem to have the same goal "speeches" and also have the same xml definition in the spec (http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook/specs/publishers-1.0-spec-cd-01.pdf) If the definition is the same, isn't the role attribute sufficient within a single dialogue element? Or is it a choice made to simplify the stylesheet work as these elements really need a different printing layout?

Best regards,
Cédric,

With some (not a lot) of experience in marking up both poetry and drama, I can state that they are quite different in some ways, particularly if certain aspects of the visual
presentation of the source is required to be captured.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.