Good info. These performance number can be understood better if the details
about test hardware and the test setup is provided. But yes if you are
using iperf kind of tools then the single core performance of forwarding
through a bridge maxes out at 700-750Kpps(The size of the packet doesn't
matter much for bridge forwarding) because it needs to perform forwarding
lookups which is always the long pole in any kind of packet performance
tests. Again the bridge forwarding limit is determined by how fast the core
is and that is the limit and a single core would never be a able to
saturate a 10G link even in fastest cores available today when forwarding
lookups are involved.

But single core performance is not the end of all in terms of the how this
data needs to interpreted.. If you run a multi-core saturation tests with
all cores being put to use to send Docker overlay traffic you can in fact
saturate your 10G link. So as long as there are enough cores available and
there are enough containers that can make use of these cores and as long as
we can saturate that 10G link we are good. So the only time this would be a
problem is on a truly single core(or less number of cores) hardware or when
there is a single application which doesn't effectively utilize all the
cores but requires all the bandwidth that the host network offers.