Hi Micheal, :-)

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 16:32, Michael Wheatland
<mich...@wheatland.com.au> wrote:
> I heard a rumour you were a wilful traveller trying to fulfil a furore with
> the colour of your language, maybe you should go and analyse your arguments
> in an encyclopaedia or maybe it is simply a tricky Manoeuvre on yo*ur part.*

??? I'm mystified... what does that mean?? :-D

> My mum would be very dissapointed, it is her speciality.
> She and I would be honoured if you would use the Queens English.

Sure. I understand you, but unfortunately you're likely to be
disappointed, I'd say... Already what I saw of the Getting Started
guide is US spelling... And, in my experience, most non-English
speakers tend to prefer learning US English (French and Germans, for
instance)... But I'm not bothered. Whatever the documentation team
feels is better.

> English documentation should be in International English, not US. When we
> produce something for the International community,  then an International
> language should be used.

Sure... Do you have an International English grammar book laying down
internationally-agreed conventions? ;-)

This is one of those old arguments that never ends. :-D

I guess the documentation team lead's wisdom will prevail in the matter... :-)
I don't mind either way. :-)

0.2 cents.

David Nelson

--