On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Ron Faile <rmfa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> />From/: Hal Parker <halparke...@gmail.com
> <mailto:halparker42%40gmail.com<halparker42%2540gmail.com>
> >>
> />Date/: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:03:16 +1000
> >
> >I understand that at least for the LibO3.3 release we are using the OOo3.3
> >docs as the starting point, and that Ron has created a template and
> applied
> >it to the chapters of the OOo Getting Started book, but I'm not sure how
> >tell who is working on what or whether I have the latest version of a
> >chapter. Is the wiki page for Documentation/Development kept up to date?
>
> Hi Hal. Welcome on board.
>
> The latest files are on the wiki:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
> (the getting started guide files are what we're working on now)
>
> and the checkout/status is here:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Getting_Started_Guide
>
> I do think we need to work on our processes, but I would suggest that
> updating the GS guide chapters is the more important thing at the moment so
> they will be ready for the first release. Then we would have plenty of time
> to work out the processes.
>
> I've finished reviewing/editing/updating several chapters and have updated
> their status on the development page. I would ask that anyone willing would
> review the completed chapters so we can come to a conclusion on if they are
> ready to be published. (Again, I don't think the process for that agreement
> has been worked out, but we can see what works.)

Ron, thanks for confirming & glad to see we agree about updating the GS
guide chapters being more important right now. :-)

I'll start going through the chapters you have marked as YES under Review
Completed. When I'm working on one of those files, I put my name in the
Checkout column, is that right?

After I've been through a chapter, where do I put it? I guess you have been
overwriting the files on this page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation. Should I do that too? And
then take my name off the Checkout column?

I see that Chapter 1 is marked as checked out. Is vardomescro (whoever that
is) updating it to include the corrections made to the OOo Chapter 1?

Cheers, Hal