On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:12:39 -0600
Ron Faile <rmfa...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> The latest files are on the wiki:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
> (the getting started guide files are what we're working on now)
>
> > I'll start going through the chapters you have marked as YES under
> > Review Completed. When I'm working on one of those files, I put my
> > name in the Checkout column, is that right?
> >
> Yes it is.
> > After I've been through a chapter, where do I put it? I guess you
> > have been overwriting the files on this page
> > . Should I do that
> > too? And then take my name off the Checkout column?
> >
> Yes, that's right. To upload a new version of a file, you can go to
> Special Pages on the wiki and then choose the File List link and
> click on the filename of the file you're wanting to upload. That
> takes you to the page for that file where there is a link to upload a
> new version of the file.
>
> Ron

This is great. So it sounds like our nascent workflow is this:

1) Work toward completion of 'Getting Started' documentation:
   a. as reviewer/publisher refer to
   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development
   b. see a file thats state is 'no' under 'Review Completed'.
   c. check out document by placing username in checkout column.
   d. Download latest version of document from
      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
   e. Review document, editing as needed.
   f. upload document at
      http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:Upload
   g. check document back in by removing username from 'Review
      Completed' column on Development page.
   h. Change file state to 'yes' in Development matrix.
   h. Alternatively, as editor/publisher follow steps b through h,
   changing 'Review Completed' for 'Agree to Publish'.
2) Iron out workflow, or barring that, move on to 'Writer Guide'.

If this is correct, or correct with edits, perhaps we could place
this information on
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Teamwork with a nice
sign up for account button, in hopes of making it easy for others to
get on board and typing.

-- jdc