2011/1/15 Samphan Raruenrom <samp...@osdev.co.th>

> I've just finished early implementation Ron's workflow and roughly tested.
> Here's the procedure of the workflow in Alfresco (sorry for my English
> -_-!):
>
> Spaces: Drafts, Review, Proofing, Proofing2, Published
>
> Only Alfresco users in the "Documenters" group are involved in this
> workflow. Other users have read-only access to the spaces.
>
> Step 1.
>
>   1. A user go to the Drafts space, click "Add Content", choose file to
>   upload, fill-in the document "Name", and in the "Type" field choose
>   "Content".
>    2. Someone checks out the file from the Drafts folder to begin editing.
>       - To check-out a file, click on the "More Action" (triangle inside a
>      circle button) and choose "Check Out".
>      - Then choose the space for the working copy which should be in the
>      user's home space.
>   3. The checked-out files stays in the Drafts folder and is marked that it
>   is checked-out by the "locked" icon. Hover at the icon to show which user
> is
>   working on it.
>      - Other users are prevented from editing the file while it is checked
>      out.

This is done automatically by Afresco right?

> Step 2.
>
>   1. The user downloads the working copy, makes changes and then uploads
>   the file to replace the working copy with new versions.

Again done by Afresco?

>   2. When finish, click the "Check In" button of the working copy. The
>   working copy will be removed and the original file will be editable
> again.

Nice

>    3. The user is then offered the option to either
>      - leave the file in the Drafts folder if the file needs further
>      editing
>      - or if editing is complete, move the file to the next step in the
>       process, the Review space, by clicking at the "More Action" button
> and
>      choose "Submit to Review"

Nice

> Step 3.
>
>   1. Another user goes to the Review folder and checks out the file,
>    downloads it and reviews it.
>   2. If the file was revised,
>       - the user check-in the changes

We will have to MANUALLY check in the changes or will the revision feature
in LiO give us this?

>      - then choose "Reject to Drafts" to move the file to Drafts space.
>    3.  If it was ok and ready to proceed to proofing
>       - the user check-in the changes
>      - then choose "Submit to Proofing" to move the file to Proofing space.
>
> Step 4.
>
>   1. A user goes to the Proofing space, downloads the file and proofs it.
>   2. If the file needs more work, it is moved back to the Drafts space by
>   choosing "Reject to Drafts".
>   3. If the file is OK, it is moved to the Proofing2 by choosing "Submit to
>   Proofing2". This is to mark that the file have been proofed once.
>   4. Then a second user goes to the Proofing2 space, proofs the file.
>   5. if the user agree it is ready to be published, s/he choose "Submit to
>   Published" which move the file to Published space. That means the file
> has
>    been proofed by two users

Nice

- Overall a very robust publishing system... my only question: IF reviewer
vanishes (has happened in the past) can someone get the copy of the file? in
the step it was left behind (I assume yes) ?

Rogerio