On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Shaun McCance <sha...@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm organizing the Open Help Conference this June. It's a gathering of
> documentation and support people from various open source and community
> projects. There are already participants who contribute to projects like
> Firefox, GNOME, and Ubuntu.
>
> http://openhelpconference.com/
>
> There are presentations the first day, but with plenty of time between
> for hallways conversations. The second day has open discussions, ending
> with an open collaboration session where you can get input from peers
> and professional tech writers.
>
> We also have rooms availabe after the conference for team sprints, if
> you'd like to use the opportunity to do some face-to-face collaboration.
>
> I'd love to see some people from LibreOffice at the conference, and hear
> about what you're doing and how well you're transitioning from the old
> OpenOffice world to the more community-oriented LibreOffice.
>
> Thanks,
> Shaun McCance
> Community Help Expert   |   Open Help Conference
> http://syllogist.net/   |   http://openhelpconference.com/

This sounds like a good opportunity, if anyone can get there. Do we have any
active documenters/ help producers in North America? And would TDF be
willing to pay the US$100 registration fee and travel costs for one or more
attendees?

I can't come from Australia; it's too far, too expensive, and I already have
other plans for early June.

Hal