Hi David,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 00:20, David Paenson <davepo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hope something useful comes out of the automatic translation, though I'm
> very sceptical about that.

Well, I just fed it through Google Translate. If one is used to
dealing with mangled English, it would potentially be possible to use
the result and rewrite it into correct English - although very
time-consuming. But it would be just as quick for an experienced
translator of German to do a faithful, high-quality translation - or
it might possibly be quicker if one takes into account the formatting
work also involved.

Google Translate is not yet at the point of putting efficient
translators out of a job...

Moreover, it's going off-line as a free service later this year...

I must admit that I wouldn't have time for this job myself in the
coming months, as I'd see myself working on developing
alfresco.libreoffice.org and contributing to the large quantity of
work already waiting to be done on existing English-language
LibreOffice documentation.

Is there anyone else able to take on the job of translating David's
student guide?

--
David Nelson