On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 21:49 +0100, John Cleland wrote:

> When checking the PDF version of the Calc guide I found it hard, compared to
> html to move around the document.  I would like to propose that an HTML
> version is produced.  I would be happy to undertake the work.
>
> I am not sure what open source html producers/editors are available, but will
> do some research into what is available.
>
> Does anyone else think this is a good/bad idea.

The following questions are to help me get a better idea of exactly what
you are proposing.

Are you proposing to do this for all the guides, or just the Calc Guide?

Where do you propose to put the HTML version?

Why HTML and not wiki?

How do you propose to keep the HTML version up to date?

BTW, my general view is that if someone has an idea, they should just
run with it. I do that all the time. ;-)