Hi,

I've uploaded (some of) the documents I've been working with to the drafts in the resource repository. In all, 3 docs:

-- the styles catalog (Calc sheet), created from the SG 3.4

http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/share/page/document-details?nodeRef=workspace://SpacesStore/8fe99883-714e-480f-bfd3-d87e4e9f6f81

-- a map of the paragraphs styles, children of Default (there are some with no parent for which I also have the map I can upload later) in 2 versions: the .mm (freemind) source version and a .png version for those who don't want to install FreeMind.

http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/share/page/document-details?nodeRef=workspace://SpacesStore/ba5f0a98-4763-47ae-8743-4acb89f75313

Here's the structure of the catalog sheet:

-- one sheet per style type, with the following columns

-- CurStyle: the style name, as declared/used in the reference document
-- LinkedWith: the parent style, if any or applicable
-- NextStyle: the next style, if any or applicable.
-- Type: C=Custom; S=Stock
-- Settings: the style settings *if and only if* they differ from the parent
-- UseCase: use cases, from the documentation available (tbd)
-- Questions: some questions that raised while cataloging. Many are pending.
-- NewStyle: a new style alternative, if available now (tbd)

I'll go on entering information in the catalog (ie, use cases, questions). In the meantime we could start discussing. IMO, the first points to be discussed:

-- do we need a naming convention (see also previous Dan's message: "Some suggestions for those beginning work on an updated chapter template")? If yes, which?

-- global styles family: should we adopt an Object-Oriented mind and first set a bunch of "abstract" styles from which the actual styles would be derived? If so, arrange the styles into families/branches. Then define the abstract styles.

-- should we keep in mind a dual template approach: display-only and printed matter templates?

Best regards,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux