Le 09/05/2012 00:04, Gary Schnabl a écrit :

FrameMaker can easily handle all those conditional texts, though--at
least much easier than OOo/LO ever could.

I've never used FrameMaker, though I hear many positive comments about it on the LibO lists.

Any way, I started drafting
some general-purpose conditional-text templates a few weeks ago, whereby
various conditions would be covered--print docs, online docs, MS Word
migrations (using similar terminology for style names that Word users
would typically use), among others. To save my time, I based them upon
OOo/LO templates that I had a hand in drafting since 2006.

Great!

Of course,
all that OOo/Libo prefix nonsense for style naming was dispensed with.

:)

I reckon that your dual-template approach would employ LO conditional
text? Or did you plan on making separate templates for each conditional
usage?

Yes, this is the primary option. In any case, the target is to minimize the style change when changing target. For the same reason, I always prefer relative font sizes (%) over absolute values (pt).

Lastly, I would test how their ODT outputs would convert into EPUB files
by calibre (lowercase, as some on LO believe it is Calibre...). Also, I
am working on a style guide (US English emphasis, with examples),
adapting from various style guides in use at various US universities,
etc. When I achieve more critical mass with what I got, they will be
posted on my website, and anybody can use them or not, as they wish.

Thanks for sharing.
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux