Dan,
Just to let you know... I have been editing the GS version of the
"Getting Started with Base" chapter, cleaning up the styles, and so
on. What I now plan to do is combine your latest updates with my edits
and make the resulting file available for further comment by you and
others. I hope to have this done by the end of the week.

--Jean