Hi :)
Ahh, i think i got it wrong!  Sorry!

I thought the plan was that translators would;
1.  get the guides from ODFAuthors.  ODFAuthors has the versions that are
being worked on at the moment even before they have been released.
2.  use OmegaT (or the wiki) to do the work
3.  use either the wiki or OmegaT to keep track of which stage each chapter
has reached

The English-language Team keeps track of each chapter in at least 2 ways;

1.  We have a wiki which people use to make a note of which chapter they
are going to start working on.  That note lets other people know that they
should leave that chapter alone.  It's like a "sign-out sheet".

2.  In ODFAuthors there are different folders so that once a chapter has
been written/edited/updated it goes into 1 folder.  Then when it gets
reviewed the reviewed copy goes into the next folder.  Then after
proof-reading the proof-read coy goes into the next folder ... and so on.
I think that means that there are many copies of the same chapter so that
if a big problem occurs then it's fairly easy to go back to an older copy
and hopefully find one from before the big problem occurred.  So it's like
having a good back-up system.

3.  i have a feeling that there is a sign-out sheet inside ODFAuthors too
but i'm not sure

I thought that translators would be using OmegaT instead of ODFAuthors
because it has additional tools that help with translations?  I could
easily be wrong.  I haven't used ODFAuthors nor OmegaT and haven't read the
guides about using them so i could easily be wrong about what they do.
Regards from
Tom :)