On 06/24/2015 04:37 PM, David Allen wrote:

>    Jonathon, you mentioned "a good test of the functionality of the Project
 Management tools for Lib0". Are you talking about a specific piece of
software?

Over the years, individuals and organizations have submitted extensions
and/or templates that ostensibly enable one to manage projects, using
OOo, and then LibO or AOO.

After I wrote that email yesterday, I went browsing the LibO and AOo
extension sites, and only two extensions popped up under a search for
"project management". DatabaseRangeManager, and AuthorSupportTools.
* DatabaseRangeManager, when correctly configured, ensures that sane
values are inserted into spreadsheets.  (I didn't test this extension out.)
* AuthorSupportTools looks like a fork/updated version of Writer Tools,
and Writer Extras. In both LibO 4.3.2 & LibO 5.0 beta, it crashed on me,
with an unsupported Java call. It wouldn't install in EuroOffice 2014.

At Libreoffice Templates, there is a Gantt Chart Template, and a Project
Manager Database.
* I used The Gantt Chart Template for a project a while ago, and it
works fairly well, provided one has a list of required resources, and
all the other data it requires, before creating the chart. (This is a
major issue with Gantt Charts.)
* I just briefly looked at the Project Manager Database, and it looks
promising. However, I haven't tried it out, so looks may be not be accurate.

There are ten templates at Apache OpenOffice Templates that purport to
be for project management. The ones I looked were straight conversions
from Excel. At least one required whatever scripting language Excel
uses, to be available.

Something I didn't find, that I thought I'd seen, but on reflection
probably only saw the spec sheet/wishlist of, was an extension that kept
the data in BASE, used Calc for data input/output, exported
dates/schedule to IC and Lightning, and sent reminder/status report
emails via Thunderbird.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English